Monday, July 18, 2011

Fruit, Fruit and more Fruit

Today is the day I started my new lets just say experience... 3 days of eating nothing but fruit. I know call me CRAZY! But let me explain the reasoning behind my craziness. Lately I have been having headaches a lot lately and not feeling my normal peppy self. I think it is due to being off my schedule and not being able to exercise and eat healthy (We have had a crazy busy schedule this summer) . So I started reading and doing research on ways that I can fit in healthier things in my busy schedule for the rest of the summer. During my research I came across this 40 day baptiste yoga program, now I am NOT good at yoga. All the times I have tried yoga John lets just say is thoroughly amused at my expense. :) But part of this 40 day program is a 3 day cleans of eating fresh fruits. After reading all the reviews a lot of people said it made them feel better and help them get back on a healthier track. What do I have to lose, I am not going to do the 40 day yoga program but I started today with the 3 day fruit cleanse. Here is a list of things that I can eat over the next 3 days:

  • Apples
  • Apricots
  • Avocado
  • Bananas
  • Beans
  • Beets
  • Bell Peppers
  • Berries
  • Cherries
  • Coconuts
  • Cranberries
  • Cucumbers
  • Figs
  • Grapes
  • Guavas
  • Kiwis
  • Kumquats
  • Lemons
  • Limes
  • Mangoes
  • Melons
  • Nectarines
  • Oranges
  • Papayas
  • Peas
  • Peaches
  • Pears
  • Peppers (chiles, etc)
  • Pineapples
  • Plums
  • Pomegranates
  • Squash
  • Tomatoes
  • Zucchini
 Yesterday John and I went to Wilson's farms down the road from us so I could stock up on a bunch of things on the list. I ended up buying the following:



This morning I was running late to work so I was only able to grab a banana on my way out the door. For lunch I had an apple, orange, kiwi, and fruit salad with grapes, cherries, blueberries and strawberries. When I got home I had a cucumber and tomatoes and another banana then for dinner I made avocado with tomatoes with cucumber chips. 



Needless to say I was still hungry so I had a small snack plate of more fruit. 
 

 This is going to be a tough 3 days! It wasn't bad during the day at work because I had something to keep me busy. But now sitting at home I am fully aware of my hunger, but the reviews say the first day is the roughest. I could definitely go for a huge bowl of pasta right now but I am determined to stick with it, after all it is only 3 days and if it makes me feel better it is worth it!

1 comments:

Leah said...

haha oh Michele you crack me up! I would like to see John last 2 hours only eating fruit! Great job! Keep it up!

Post a Comment