Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick Pizza Night

This week is an exciting yet busy week. I am home Monday and Tuesday then I am off on Wednesday evening to Syracuse for a wine tour around the finger lakes with my best friend Sarah! She is in med school and is taking the end of the 2nd year test so she will be able to continue on to rotations. We decided what better way to celebrate then a wine tour! I have so much to do before I leave on Wednesday laundry, clean the apt, and have extra meals for John so he has something to eat until I get back. :)

Dinner tonight was needed to be something quick and easy so I decided on pizza. I had bought flat bread pizza dough at the grocery store to this I added a little bit of olive oil and rubbed some garlic on the crust. I topped the pizza with the leftover peppers and onions from the fajitas the night before, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Once the pizza was done cooking I added some chopped fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.



I was nervous because the pizza had no actual sauce and was afraid that it would taste dry. Surprisingly it turned out pretty good, it wasn't the best pizza I ever made but was definitely a keeper.  



To top off dinner we had leftover cupcakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment