Monday, June 27, 2011

Meadhall

Friday night we decided to try a new restaurant that open near my work in Kendall square called Meadhall. It is a upscale pub with over 100 beers on tap. Since John and I love to try new beer we decided to give it a try with our friend Tim. Upon arriving the decor was nice, everything was mahogany wood and the bar was in the center with a huge line of taps. The beer menu was extensive! Over the course of the evening I tried 4 beers I had Allagash white, Mullens anniversary white, Duvel green and a Rare vos. I enjoyed all of them but my least favorite was the Mullens.


For dinner we decided to go tapas style and share a bunch of different plates between the 3 of us. We ordered fries, homemade pickled vegetables, cheese plate and sausage.  


I think the 3 of us decided the fries were the best of the dishes, they were on the skinny side but had wonderful flavor and had parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.



The pickled veggies were good and consisted of peppers and pickles.


The cheese plate consisted of a blue cheese, soft possibly goat cheese and a hard cheddar it came with this amazing cranberry sauce and of course sliced baguette pieces.


The dinner entrees were a bit on the pricey side rang from about $15-$30 a dish and had everything from a chicken to lamb dishes. Overall, I think the beer selection was great and if your a beer lover I would definitely give it a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment