Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Copenhagen Day 3 Last Day :(

On our last day we didn't end up taking to many pictures
a) because we walked thorough an area of Copenhagen call Christiana
b) we were mislead by the tourist map

Christiana it is an area of Copenhagen that Hippies took over and they are allowed to sell and smoke weed. John desperately wanted to walk through here because he watches the show Weeds and apparently in one of the episodes they go here to try and make some money. I felt a little uncomfortable walking in it wasn't a bad area just different a lot of what you would expect. An open air bar and big grassy areas where people are sitting around smoking. There was also a main street you walk down where you could buy what I would imagine is a wide variety of weed. I did not get to close to these carts because well, I wasn't purchasing anything and some people looked a little scary.

There are signs everywhere in the area saying you are not allowed to take pictures, the only picture we took is this one which is a mural when you are leaving the area.

 Here is a street shot from the internet


source
After walking through Christiana we decided to try out a neighborhood right outside of Copenhagen that said according to the map to be trendy, hip with cute boutiques. Well the map lied! The area we ended up in was not trendy and hip it was just a regular old neighborhood. Oh well!

Since it was our last day we decided to do a nicer dinner. Once again a fail on remembering the name of the place but it was really cute and charming inside. They also had a option to chose 3 courses for a set price so John and I both decided to go that way.

Course 1: I had this amazing little chicken pot pie and John had beef carpaccio, both were really good.



Course 2: I had asparagus risotto and John the pork tenderloin, my risotto was to die for it had apples and nuts in it sooo good! I should really try and make this sometime...



Course 3: Dessert! I of course had creme brulee (thanks to Leah for opening my eyes to this amazing dessert) and John some chocolate dessert thing.






Then after dinner while we were finishing up our wine John got a hold of the camera...

 And wouldn't stop
 so I did what any normal person would do and make a bunch of crazy faces



this one is well, I am not sure what this is (not my most flattering picture)



0 comments:

Post a Comment