Friday, June 29, 2012

Chicken leftovers

source



As you might recall earlier in the week, Monday to be precise I roasted a chicken for lunch/dinners this week. Since I know everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting to see what I did I will not keep you in suspense any longer. 

Meal #1- Basil chicken salad



This recipe come from the one and only Pioneer Women, I did make a few teaks to lighten up the salad, like replacing the mayo with low fat Greek yogurt.

It turned out good, I enjoyed it, John enjoyed it, it was an all around winner winner chicken dinner. ;)

Meal #2- Chicken fried rice (my own recipe)



It included lots of veggies-carrots, mushrooms, asparagus, red pepper and green onion.

and of course some left over chicken


I sauteed it all in a wok and added some sesame oil and low sodium soy sauce for flavoring. If you really want to go wild you could add fish sauce but I can't get over the smell.




0 comments:

Post a Comment