Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chicken, mashed taters, zucchini

Since marathon training has started I forgot how time consuming it is along with all other life comments, wedding planning and our every growing busy schedule (we have 3 weddings this year!) I feel as if meals are simpler. But that's ok, because everyone has those moments when life get busy and your always in need of quick meals. Sorry to say it might continue like this for a while.

source

Tonight on the  menu was chicken I picked up from whole foods that is coated in sun dried tomatoes, some sort of seasoning and bread crumbs.




For sides I made marinated zucchini which was AMAZING!!! John was even eating them raw he liked it so much. I believe it is a Giada De Laurentis recipe. Mix the following in a bowl:





  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves (I used dried thyme)
  • salt and black pepper


  • The cut the zucchini in 1/4 inch thick slices and marinate in the sauce for 3 up to 24 hours.Then cook on a grill pan or on the grill. Holy Goodness!



    I also made the weight watchers recipe for mashed potatoes, of course I made 2 kinds sweet for me (they came in our CSA basket) and regular for John (I bought at the store).


    The recipe for this are as follows:
    • 3 sweet potatoes
    • 2 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
    • 1/2 c plain greek yogurt
    • 4 tsp sugar
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; boil until potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 minutes.
    • Drain potatoes and garlic; transfer potatoes and garlic to a large bowl. Add yogurt and sugar to bowl; mash until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving. 
    For the plain potatoes I omitted the sugar, the sweet potatoes really needs them or they taste awful.




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment