Monday, April 16, 2012

Marathon Monday and Magoun's

Today is marathon Monday, I have watched the Boston marathon every year since I was in Boston. I remember watching my first Boston marathon where I declared I will run a marathon one day. Then spontaneously I signed up for the NYC marathon in 2009. I was so inspired by all the people running, it really is a great accomplishment and a lot of work!



And now 3 years later life slowed enough where I am training for the Chicago marathon this year.

source
Ahh what have I gotten myself in too! Especially that I am starting from ground zero (out of shape!). Every run I am asking myself, Am I done yet? I have to remind myself that it will get easier once I am in shape. But with pain comes carbo loading my favorite part! Lots of pasta and bread!


Like this little guy
But let's be serious I tend to carbo load even when I am not training for marathons.



Back to dinner since we missed Timmy's party Sat we were meeting up with him, Cart and Brad at Magoun's for a birthday dinner and to watch the Bruins game. We started of course with their amazing stuffed cheesy pretzel.






And for dinner I decided on a veggie quesadilla which came with sides of guacamole, sour cream and salsa.

1 comments:

Leah said...

I know you will do great in your marathon! Especially if you eat as much pasta as the cute little rodent!

Post a Comment