Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ground turkey, pasta, something or other

Remember when I stated that I was going to make stuffed zucchini here? My original plan was to use make the stuffing and use it to stuff 1 zucchini and 1 red pepper, this way John and I would each half half to eat. Well I took the zucchini out of the fridge and looked at it. It was tiny, to to small to be a stuffing zucchini.

Not much bigger then a can!
And I had a hard decision last night to sacrifice half the pepper to make the salsa so that would only leave 1 half of the pepper and 2 mini zucchini halves.
 
On to plan B throw a bunch of things together in a pan. I had ground turkey that was suppose to be used in the stuffed zucchini so I wanted to use it up before it went bad.
I sauteed the ground turkey in a pan until almost cooked then I added
  • yellow onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • red pepper, diced
  • can of diced tomatoes
  • dried oregeno
  • red pepper flakes, for some heat 
I simmered for a few minutes and added 2 cups of chicken broth, then add some ditalini pasta and let it simmer until the pasta was almost cooked through.
Then I added fresh spinach and some shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese and let it cook until the spinach was wilted and pasta cooked.

look at those cute little pastas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment