Tuesday, March 27, 2012

John's turns 31

Toady is John's actual birthday even though we have been celebrating the last 2 days. He turns 31 officially over the 30 hump! I still have bragging rights though because I have 6 months until I turn 31.

This morning we were up at 9 and ate another delicious breakfast at the inn, I had fresh fruit, scrabbled eggs, ham and whole wheat toast John had fresh fruit, an English muffin and 2 pieces of bacon. Afterwards we showered dressed and checked out. While we were checking out the Inn keeper asked if he could take a picture of us, he said they take a picture of all their guest and of course Felony wanted to get in on the action.


We packed up the car and headed out, we decided to take our time heading back since we had some time to kill. We had plans to stop at John's parents house to eat dinner with his family to celebrate his birthday.

John's mom prepared a meal for the family of spaghetti, garlic bread and salad. I told John this is a meal fit for me! Sadly I forgot to take a picture of dinner I always do that when we eat at their house, I get to wrapped up in conversation. Lucky there were some leftovers I could take picture of. The sauce was great it had small meatballs, sausage and lot of yummy flavors. There was also no water on the plate. ;)

John's mom and I had a conversation about how when you plate out spaghetti there always seems to be a little water on the plate from the noodles. She was telling me all the different techniques she has tried to prevent it but with no success until now! She mixed a little bit of the sauce with the noodles just enough to stick to them and it seemed to so the trick! I'll definitely use this method next time I make spaghetti.


And of course no birthday would be complete without cake. Boston cream pie to be exact, Leah John's sister picked it up it was really good. We even had an extra piece to bring home.

check out the only candle we could find


This ends the birthday festivities ,it back to work tomorrow for both of us. :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful fiance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment