Wednesday, February 1, 2012

While John is away eggs will come out to play

John is working until 10pm tonight so I knew I was off the hook for dinner + I could make eggs!! I decided on breakfast for dinner one of my favorites, John hates breakfast food. (the only flaw in our relationship)  :)

I made a 3 egg omelet so I could have leftovers for breakfast the next 2 days. In the omelet I added chopped red onion, green pepper, cheese of course and cherry tomatoes.



I have yet to be successful at making a real omelet. And by real I mean the fancy schmancy folding job they do in restaurants. Growing up my mom and dad would always just scramble the eggs together and throw everything in. Again I had no success but it was the closest of my attempts thus far, it was in 3 small folding pieces instead of a scramble.


With the omelet I had a toasted English muffin with peanut butter on one side and black cherry jam on the other.  I am loving this cherry jam I had it for the first time in AZ when we went with John's family and now have had it for breakfast almost every morning since. And added a grapefruit on the side.

Random fact-did you know I just started eating jelly/jams in the last few years. Growing up I hate jelly so while everyone was eating pb&j sandwiches I just had pb. Then when I finally made the transition to pb&j sandwiches I would only eat strawberry now I will eat all fruit flavors! 





Off to read a new book I'm reading called The Flight of Gemma Hardy, it's so much better than the last one I can't put it down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment