Monday, January 30, 2012

Pink peppercorn chicken

This was much better then last night. Sunday John and I had to run some errands and we stopped at Penzeys spice store where I found these.


Have you ever used pink peppercorns, they are cute and pink, add color to dishes and a little sweetness. I have seen them used in all the cooking show I watched but have never used them myself, so when I saw them at Penzeys I had to have them.When I got home I googled chicken pink peppercorn recipes and found this. Combined wine and pink peppercorns yes please!

4 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups dry white wine
5 medium leeks, rinsed and julienne in 1-inch strips
2 tablespoons rosemary
2 tablespoons pink peppercorns
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Remove skin from chicken breasts and trim, pound to an even thickness between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Cover breasts, leeks, and 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns with  wine in a  shallow glass pan. Marinate for 1 to 3 hours.

Remove wine and top chicken with crushed rosemary, remaining peppercorns, and butter.   Bake at 150 degrees until done.


 
I made a few changes when I made this. I only marinated the chicken for safety reasons. I didn't want the raw chicken to touch the leeks and peppercorns.  Then when I put everything in the oven I added a splash of low sodium chicken broth to the bottom to add a little juice to the pan. 

This dish turned out pretty well, the leeks were good with the chicken and the peppercorn added a little spice.  I served it with side salads and some asparagus we had to use up. 




My goal for the rest of the evening is plan our superbowl menu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment