Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas party @ the Bedford Village Inn

As I mentioned earlier John has his work Christmas party tonight at the Bedford Village Inn. This place is so romantic looking and the food is great, so I was excited to go!




Inside the banquet hall they had the room decorated for the Holidays, it was exquisite!!




I felt like I was at a fancy wedding reception rather then a Christmas party. To start they had a raw bar with oysters, mussels and shrimp, along with wait staff walking around with small appetizers. This was followed by a table full of cheeses, dips, crackers, and fruit. John and I shared small plates of both.

cheese plate
small croquet of chicken pot pie (this was delicious!)

For the dinner there was 2 different stations, a roast beef station with carrot, arugula and risotto as sides. The 2nd station was a pasta station with homemade raviolis, and a cream pasta mixture with spinach, mushrooms and chicken. I made sure to take a small plate of each so I could try it all! The roast beef and ravioli was the best in my book, the rest was good but not compared to those 2 things.

my plate

John' plate
 


After dinner there was a surprise entertainer, a magician/comedian. He was wearing a polyester suit, very 70's.....



For his first trick he picked someone out of the audience to help participate, one guess who that was!!! Yup me!! I was mortified, I hate standing up in front of people, worse participating in something. Of course John made sure to get it all on camera!




Yup, if your wondering that's a roll of toilet paper in my hand.

The rest of the evening went well, I was finally able to meet some of John's co-workers he always mentions and we had a nice evening chatting with everyone.

Off to bed!!, tomorrow I have to prepare for my family's visit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment