Monday, December 12, 2011

black bean and sweet potato bake

Own my own for dinner I decided to make something with the sweet potatoes I had before they go bad. I thought about a burrito but decided against it since I had Rudy's this weekend. So I googled and came up with with an idea for a casserole.
I cut up the sweet potato, onions, pepper, opened a can of diced tomatoes and black beans.


 
Sauteed the peppers and onions, and steam the potatoes in the microwave. Then mix everything together in the frying pan.



Add some cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Or which ever spices you perfer. Next stp create the casserole. Layer cooked brown rice on the bottom.


then the bean mixture on top


then of course I had to sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top







Bake at 375 until cheese is melted 




I topped mine with a dollop of low fat sour cream and salsa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment