Sunday, October 30, 2011

Alton Browns ribs

Did you ever have those days where you wish you could go back to bed and redo the day over. That we my day I seemed to have the case of the drops, spills, break things and make messes today. It being Sunday Cart and Timmy came over for dinner and football. I let John pick the dish for dinner tonight, he picked ribs and found a recipe from Alton Brown. During our costo  trip yesterday we picked up what we thought to be 2 racks but turns out when I open the packed it was 3. Opps! I followed the directions to the t since I never made spare ribs before.

 They recipes calls for a sauce that you are suppose to reduce to cover the ribs in then broil them until caramelized. Then use the rest to coat the ribs but the sauce never really thickened up.  However the ribs were pretty good without the sauce and didn't really need it. I did heat up some extra barbecue sauce in case the boys wanted extra for dipping.
ribs cut into 3's
We had corn, pasta salad and summer slaw for sides




huge plate of ribs that we all ate
Cart
 
 Timmy

0 comments:

Post a Comment