Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Deli-icious

I didn't have any meal planned for tonight since John had plans for his fantasy football draft, which means the guys will be coming over and talking football all night while I watch girly TV in the other room. :) They decided to order take out something fast and easy so they could get down to what really matters picking their teams. Deli-icious was the decision of the evening. It has become a favorite of theirs their menu is the typical sandwich and sub place but I must say they never disappoint and always come with a ton of food! (which is important when feeding hungry men)


I was going to be good and order a salad but then Cart said he wanted to order a philly steak bomb which sounded delightful and it has been a while since I  had a cheese steak. I didn't go full force with a philly bomb but I did order a cheese and steak sandwich with a side of apple sauce and a pickle. Needless to say it was a huge sandwich! But I manned up and took one for the team and ate the whole thing! Needless to say I felt like I was having a food baby afterwards and probably wasn't the smartest idea.



The rest of the evening was spent watching Under the Tuscan sun with Diane Lane I love that movie and pretty girly! I wish I could just go off and buy a beautiful Tuscan villa (minus the while divorce thing of course).


After all the yelling and commotion had settled down from the boys excitement over the draft picks John came in the room to ask if I wanted a snack before bed.  I looked at him like he was crazy! Did he see what I had eaten for dinner!

Tomorrow I have a food class I am taking on how to make dumplings! It is 3 hours of making delicious savory and sweet dumpling description below:
One of the most satisfying, comforting and versatile dish is the Asian style dumpling. This class will give you all the know-how with some basic dumpling skills needed to branch out and start concocting your own creations. Participants will make a variety of dumpling doughs and then hand form Nepalese vegetable and cheese momos, Japanese pork and shrimp potstickers, Sweet potato samosas with banana cucumber raita and Indian fried milk dumplings with cardamom saffron syrup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment