Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 3-fruit and quinoa stuffed peppers

Today was day 3 I made to the last day barely! Last night during all the NCIS commercial breaks (yes I know I watch NCIS, John is away so I watched the NCIS marathon that was on) I would get up and look in the refrigerator I spotted the leftovers from Sundays cajun chicken. I was starring it down like nobody's business all I wanted to do was dig in face first. But I resisted and ate another handful of cherries and grapes.

On to this evening I got home from work and decided to go for a run it was warm out but there there was a good breeze going. Out the door I went and sadly to say I only made it barely 2 miles before I had to stop, I think 2 full days of eating nothing but fruit didn't sustaining me enough for a run. I came home and was starving!!! Needless to say I broke down and made myself dinner I needed to eat something! I decided to make quinoa stuffed peppers. I sauteed the quinoa and onions in a sauce pan for a few minutes then added equal parts water and tomato sauce, a clove of garlic, 1t of chili powder bring to a boil then simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.



Stuff the peppers with the quinoa mixture and top with cheese then bake at 350 for an hour.



My pepper tipped over while cooking and all the cheese stuck to the side of the baking dish so I added a little additional cheese before eating :) who am I kidding I probably would have added more any way. ;) for those of you that know me I LOVE CHEESE with all of my heart and sole. Now if there was a cleanse of only eating cheese for 3 days I would jump on that train immediately!!

Review of fruit cleanse: Going into this I was only thinking positive thoughts thinking I would feel all the things that the reviews mentioned. Unfortunately I did not feel any of those :( it was not hard to eat fruit for 3 days especially with the variety I had bought. What was the hardest thing for me was the hunger I was constantly hungry and never felt full. Grant it did get a little better the second day but I was a total cranky pants!! (maybe it was a good thing John was away this week :)) A lot of the reviews said you would feel light and clean inside (not exactly sure what they meant by clean inside) I didn't feel "lighter or cleaner" this morning then when I started on Monday. Overall, I am glad I gave it a try, always got to give something a try once right! But maybe this wasn't the thing for my body and life style. If anyone is interested in checking out the fruit cleanse on Monday post you can click on the 40 day babtise yoga and it will take you to their website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment