Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kebab's & quinoa salad

Tonight's dinner was kebab's & quinoa salad after all it is officially summer!! Summer means grilling, but in our case using a grilling pan since we don't have a place for a grill  :( one of the few draw backs of living in the city. John stopped by Bob's on the way home from work to pick up marinated chicken and steak tips. Now for those of you who are not familiar with Bob's in Medford it is the most amazing Italian deli you will ever come across. If you make it there you have to order the imported Italian sub.

Back to dinner, while waiting for John to get home I cut up some peppers and onions for the kebabs and made the quinoa salad.


The quinoa salad was a recipe I have been wanting to try for sometime. If you have not tried quinoa I highly recommend that you give it a try, it is very easy to make and extremely healthy for you oddly it is in the same family as beets and spinach. Quinoa is a grain like food that has the consistency of rice, the down side is that by itself it is a bit on the bland side but that is something that can easily be fixed. I have tried it in many different recipes now and so far my favorite is quinoa stuffed peppers. Mmmmm...

For the quinoa salad it included a bunch of random ingredients but all of which sounded good. (red pepper, black beans, onion, grapefruit, avocado, fresh clinatro and corn) When I first tried the salad I thought it was good, but the longer it sat and marinated the taste seemed off I think it needed a bit more lime juice...

1 comments:

Leah said...

I love quinoa!! I cook it at least once a week with kale, lemon and feta!!! YUMMY

Post a Comment